There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, May 2, 2011

One of Those "List" Days

Today, I don't have a theme. I have a list.

1. Men at the gym should not wear sleeveless shirts. They smell horrible and it's just gross.

2. Women at the gym should not be displaying cleavage. If your cleavage is prominently displayed, you're probably not getting enough support to actually do real exercise. Besides, my husband and son work out there too, and it would just be respectful to my husband and all the other men and boys if you could re-consider the heavy cleavage look.

3. My dear husband always buys two of everything I need at the grocery store. It's cute. Expensive, but cute.

4. Our county finally confirmed what I've known for years. Our house is worth WAY less than it was when we bought it. Way.

5. If I could just have a couple hundred dollars back from the school district to whom I have paid thousands in school tax, I could much more easily afford my humble homeschool curriculum. In the meantime, I wish the school district would add up how much money they are getting from homeschoolers and start getting real thankful for us. I console myself with thoughts of personal friends I have who are employed by the school district, and I imagine my taxes are directly benefiting them.

6. Everyone should read George Muller's biography. Everyone.

7. I am nervous about my husband's sabbatical. That probably sounds weird. I'm nervous about what people will think. There's enough "lazy youth pastor" sentiment out there that it just makes me nervous. (Yes, I know human approval is not what I'm supposed to seek.) I am, however, excited to see him complete some really valuable training and to have a few weeks to write about mentoring and discipleship. I'm sure I will post more about his project as it develops. I have not personally met anyone who has more consistently and faithfully walked alongside young men to encourage them forward in their walk with the Lord. Over two decades now!

8. My medications are still giving me fits. Maybe I get to go off another one soon.

9. We went out to eat tonight. (Payday...!) Sounds normal, right? Not for me. I almost never eat out. Our whole family drove half an hour away for me to have some "safe" food. Wings. Mmm-hmm. I felt almost normal getting to eat out with my family.

10. I got a card in the mail today that made me cry....in a good way. I am grateful for God's grace in touching me through something I could see and read.

11. My feet are cold. Still. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.