I had another one. A Walmart moment. I went to pick up some prescription sunglasses. Let me tell you--I was pretty excited about these. For real. I was given a gift that enabled me to buy my first pair ever! The clip-on sunglasses battle was killing me. Clip-ons make my regular glasses weight about 26 pounds, which does not help my ongoing problem of developing blinding headaches from the weight of regular glasses, no matter what style. I actually do better with sunglasses. I don't know why. I just do. The problem is that I can't see super well through regular sunglasses since I don't own a pair of contacts.
So.....prescription sunglasses. It was going to be so good. Right up until they brought out the tray and showed me the lenses. No frame. Just lenses.
I paused. I thought in my head, "Do I need to ruin this person's day by being rude and grouchy? Does that glorify Jesus?" I took a breath and said, "Wow. Those are going to be so much harder to keep on without frames." The lady gave me a startled look, relaxed, and said, "Thank you for having such a good sense of humor about this. Not everyone does."
Thank you, Lord, for one time in my life where I did the right thing. I fail so much. Thank you for this moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And then..... (Did you get the frames or are you taping the lenses to your face?)
ReplyDeleteThat is incredible. I never have one of those moments at Walmart. That place brings out the worst in me
ReplyDelete